Crochet Mandalas

Crochet Mandalas (Dover Knitting, Crochet, Tatting, Lace) - Anita Mundt, Marinke Slump

The patterns in this book were quite lovely, and I was very tempted to set aside my holiday gift crochet and start a few. I'm glad I can get started on them now.

The book was well-organized and had a nice selection of different things. That might be my favorite part, actually--that this was not just a book about one item, but that it included all sorts of different items of different sizes and requiring different skill levels. There are a few patterns in here that are probably still beyond my skill level, but that's okay--I feel like I can grow into them eventually, and I'm excited to do so.

Each pattern reads easily and has a very lovely image of the finished project, which I always find useful. There is some explanation of the stitches required, which is always useful, and it does seem like if you have a basic grasp of crochet at all you can pick this up and find something you'd like to make.

Stylistically, this book is a kind of modern take on sixties-style stuff. It's very pretty, both retro and modern, and very colorful. I'm definitely looking forward to playing with a few of these, and anyone interested in a wide array of different things to make is probably going to enjoy paging through.

This book was provided to me for free via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.