Ramblings Regarding May Reading

Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened - Allie Brosh Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins Crown Duel - Sherwood Smith Eligible: A modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice - Curtis Sittenfeld

Favorite book of the monthHyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh

Honorable MentionsLola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins, Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith

Longest in pagesEligible by Curtis Sittenfeld

4: 5

5: 0

Did not finish:  2

Average: 3.11

Reviews Written/Published: 5 (Wow, I really, really need to step this up)

May wasn't a terrible month, though much of my reading was continuing series I'd already started (hello Morganville Vampires and The Dresden Files). I am continuing to remain behind (and to fall further behind, apparently) on my reading challenge, and I've also been horrible about updating things here (you may have noticed?); currently trying to play "spread out the time in a rational way" and right now my life includes both actually being social and playing World of Warcraft.

Blame my friends, guys, for both of these terrible time sinks. ;)

No, honestly, I've just been lazy about things. I have started reviews for what I thought was a good dozen but which actually counting my drafts folder here informs me is 48 books; I'm not finishing them for reasons I can't quite explain. I'll need to set myself up a nice day at home with a pot of tea and no distractions and see what I can't manage to knock out.

I also need to actually finish some of the ridiculous number of audiobooks I have started. I have not had any audiobooks listed in my wrap-up for months, but I am listening; I just keep stopping partway through and starting something else. My reading life is a curious thing, I swear.

How did everyone else's May reading go? Do you even remember at this point? Any curious trends you noted? How is June holding up for you?